Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 8

Day 8 is running a little behind...almost 3 AM! Today I went to Wal-Mart and bought some more stuff for Danny's little welcome home thing. Bought him some shaving cream (though I can't remember if he actually uses it) and a razor for when he's in the mood to shave. Also, deodorant that I like the smell of (hopefully he will too!) and 2 boxes of Cadbury Cream eggs because there's nothing better than a chocolate egg filled with sugar. Hopefully he'll share with me! :P Got all the stuff I'd need for the gumbo and I am incredibly antsy. I want to make the gumbo now, but it would be too early. The days are flying by on my spring break...I want them to pass quickly, but at the same time I would put cleats on and dig my heels in so hard it'd take a team of draft horses to move me. The break has been really nice and I have needed it more than most people need to breathe.

Jason and I watched the finale of Friends. Wonderful, wonderful show and I need to check Amazon to see if they sell Desperate Housewives seasons. Jason wants that show on DVD, but hasn't bought it for himself yet. His birthday's on the 26th. So far I've got him a gay pride collectible Absolut bottle thing. I really like the text on the cover, it basically says to always show your true colors.

I cleaned up in my room today..never fun, but I don't want our room to be a mess when Danny gets here. Maybe I'll be able to hide how gross I can be for a little bit longer.

Quote comes from Henry David Thoreau:

"If you build castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now go put foundations under them."

Here's a particularly relevant quote. This whole moving thing is a castle that we've built in the sky. A castle built on dreams and fancies, mortared with love and devotion and guarded with determination. Danny's moving will put the powerful foundation of time down below the magnificent castle we've built. We'll be able to turn any home into our castle, as long as we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment